Kandelic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My collections of anything related to whatever faith it is that I follow, I'm not really sure.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Moon Phases
CURRENT MOON
Latest topics
» Links on Animism
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 5:19 pm by Dormouse

» Chocolate Yule Log Recepies
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:58 pm by Miki

» Welcome?
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:38 pm by Dormouse

» Some of my Favorites
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 pm by Aurora

» Pagan and Wiccan Youtubers
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm by Dormouse

» Book of Shadows
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 pm by Dormouse

» Video Posting Guide
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 pm by Dormouse

» Four Beautiful Stories
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm by Dormouse

» Farmers Almanac
Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 pm by Dormouse

Statistics
We have 30 registered users
The newest registered user is tamindia

Our users have posted a total of 46 messages in 25 subjects
Top posters
Dormouse
Some of my Favorites I_vote_lcapSome of my Favorites I_voting_barSome of my Favorites I_vote_rcap 
killerv1589
Some of my Favorites I_vote_lcapSome of my Favorites I_voting_barSome of my Favorites I_vote_rcap 
Reilly McDaniel
Jynjer
SilverWolfie
Aurora
Miki
mngypsy
Dragonfly
Clicker

Some of my Favorites

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dormouse
Admin
Dormouse

Some of my Favorites Empty
PostSubject: Some of my Favorites   Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:39 pm

The ones I've read so far that I like

Spirit of the Witch: Religion & Spirituality in Contemporary Witchcraft by Raven Grimassi, From the back: Grimassi explores the spiritual element of rituals, practices, and beliefs of Witchcraft, and how those elements apply not only to the season of nature, but also to the mystical seasons of the soul. Literate and positive, Spirit of the Witch examines the oral tradition of Witches, as well as the cultural, literary, anthropological and historical roots of witchcraft" Very awesome book, he's written a handful of award winning books on Wicca.

Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions By River and Joyce Higginbotham , A wonderful beginners book! I showed the part that explains why Witchcraft had become wrongly associated with Satan(Biblical mistranslations, biological ignorance, ancestors using the Satan Stamp etc) to my mother, she thanked me Some of my Favorites 454289. If you have a parent or friend that you want to help explain your faith to, this book is a perfect aid in my opinion. If your curious or just starting the path, its just as great. It only gives a small description of the other Pagan traditions but answers the questions about what rituals, Sabbats, our theology, magic, ethics and other stuff.

Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy & Practice by Thea Sabin, A very thorough and friendly introduction. It covers the description, basic principals and ethics, fundamental tools(Energy, visualization, shielding etc), meditation, the elements,tools, sabbats, magic, some history, rituals, the God and Goddess, the various Wiccan traditions and covens.
Back to top Go down
https://kandelic.board-directory.net
Jynjer

Jynjer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Favorites   Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:33 am

Raymond Buckland: Complete Book of Witchcraft is a great teaching aid. It has history, rituals, purposes and instruction.

And for the fun stuff, I enjoy Dorothy Morrison: Utterly Wicked. For when you need to administer a little kick. :)

If you are going to purchase and use herbs to make potions, perfumes, oils or cast spells you must have Cunningham's: Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs It teaches you what the magical properties and uses are, and it tells you wether they are safe or poisonous.

I have a small library, but a wide variety. Spell work, Nocturnal Witchcraft, Recipes...etc. It is important to be aware of what is out there. Never think that no one near you could possibly practice what you practice. You'd be surprised. Educate yourself to protect yourself.
Back to top Go down
Dormouse
Admin
Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Favorites   Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 am

Finally finished Animal Speak by Ted Andrews. If anyone is interested in animal signs and symbolism, animal spirit guides, animal totems etc this book is awesome.
It has a lot of information, which is explained thoroughly and has a dictionary of tones of animals, bird, insects and reptiles. And it doesn't just contain the spiritual aspect of them either, it also has their natural behaviors and characteristics, region, diet, and any myths behind then and all that, which I think is just as important. You can definitely tell how much this man loves animals, as he really put his heart into his book.
Back to top Go down
https://kandelic.board-directory.net
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Favorites   Some of my Favorites Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 pm

I've began expanding my studies on herbs by learning about remedies and healing. The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook by James Green is fantastic if you want to take your love of herbs to the next level!!

I also started reading Earth Path by Starhawk. Not too far into it, but I can't wait to read more. From Publisher's Weekly...
"Well organized, each chapter contains reminiscences of personal and group experiences, exercises and suggestions for prayer and ritual. Many of her tenets apply not only to those interested in the practice of Wicca but to readers seeking a better understanding of the world around them: "Once we have learned to hear, then we can begin to understand. And only after we understand do we begin to speak, to intervene." Yet she astutely cautions: "To change a drum rhythm in a group of drummers, you first have to match it and join with it. But when you are within a system, part of the whole, that system is also changing you. It is difficult to maintain your own rhythm and not simply become part of what you are trying to change." Starhawk presents an array of exercises and practices for sharpening observation and listening skills. She engages readers' spirits and minds through her illustrative storytelling, offering ways to communicate more fully with the world and suggesting ways to act."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Favorites   Some of my Favorites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my Favorites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kandelic :: Books-
Jump to: